Today is April 1st, also known as April Fools Day. It’s the day of pranks and hijinks with those you love…or at least it is in our household. My son loves pranks and the idea of April Fools puts him over the moon. He loves pranks a little too much and we have to remind him that not every day is April Fools Day. But…Covid-19. So I bring you, April Fools Day Covid-19 Edition!
Yes Coronavirus is ruining a little bit of fun as I had planned to get supplies and get him good this year. In years past we have had a variety of April Fools Day fun. Last year I froze his morning juice, put a cracked screen saver on his tablet and made this pan of Brown Es. 😎
The year before that Easter happened to fall on April Fools Day, so he got this lovely Easter basket full of carrots. He actually took it better than we thought he would and just thought the Easter bunny left him carrots because that’s what he likes to eat and only got annoyed when he realized he’d been had by Mommy and Daddy’s April Fools Day prank. That was even more ironic because we don’t do the whole Easter bunny thing, we focus on the resurrection.
Sitting here earlier in the week trying to figure out what I was going to do for April Fools Day was a little frustrating. None of the earlier thoughts I had were feasible for lack of items or ingredients. Several of the pranks I did last year would be easy to replicate, but who wants to reuse their pranks?
So here are some great ideas for easy pranks this year!
April Fools Day Covid-19 Edition
- Tell your kids that the stay at home order has been lifted and they’re going back to school.
- Take a jar of that mayo you bought too much of and use food coloring to change it’s color to brown and serve it as pudding.
- Put cling wrap across your child’s door. Tape well, this may allow you a few moments to drink your morning coffee or tea in peace.
- Change the password for your wifi and tell them the internet is down.
- Tell your kids someone who came to your house last had Covid-19 and now everyone needs to help clean the house. Make sure not to reveal that it’s an April Fools joke until AFTER your house is clean.
Okay so some of these are a little tongue in cheek, but you get the idea. Be creative and have fun today during this restless and uncertain time. Laughter is good for the soul.Thanks for reading!